“Love yourself first and everything falls into line. You have to love yourself to get anything done in this world” – Lucille Ball
Everything changes when you begin to love yourself. You no longer send out the energy of desperation or need to be filled from the outside. You become a powerful source within yourself that attracts better. The more you love who you are, The less you seek validation and approval. It’s undoubtedly a hard process but once you do accomplish loving yourself, you’re on the right track.
Here are some ways which may help your journey to love yourself:
1. Talk to Yourself How You Talk to People You Care About
it’s not just the tone of voice that you use with yourself that’s important, but also the kinds of things that you say to yourself. Fall in love with yourself by saying positive, uplifting things to yourself and speaking sweetly to yourself.
2. See Yourself Through the Eyes of Someone Who Loves You
Think of someone who loves you—this can be your spouse, your child, your best friend, or an admirer. Picture that person standing there, looking at you.
- What do they see?
- How would they describe you?
- What would they say they appreciate about you?
- What would they say makes you a great friend, romantic partner, parent, and so on?
- Why do they love you?
- This exercise will allow you to focus on your good points, instead of dismissing them or taking them for granted. It will also help you realize how much there is in you to love.
3. If There’s Something You Don’t Like About Yourself, Change It
If there’s something you don’t like about somebody else, there’s very little you can do about it. However, if there’s something you don’t like about yourself, you can change it. It’s all about discovering yourself and trying to get better at things you would question yourself for.
4. Fall in Love With Yourself by Working on Your Self-Trust
The more you trust yourself—the more you realize that you will always have your back–the more you can love yourself. Fall in love with yourself by making sure you can rely on yourself.
5. Listen to Yourself
We tend to be so outwardly focused—listening to other people, watching the news, reading, and so on—that a lot of the time we fail to stop and turn inward. That is, we fail to listen to ourselves. Yet one of the best ways to make ourselves feel loved is to listen to what we have to say.
One of the best ways to listen to yourself is to journal. Two journaling methods you may want to try are our proprioceptive writing—a method for exploring the mind through writing–and morning pages, three pages of stream of consciousness writing which is done first thing in the morning.
Build a better relationship with yourself—and fall in love with yourself—by listening to yourself.
6. Ask Yourself What You Need
- Ask yourself the following:
- What do I need right now?
- Do I need some alone time?
- Do I need a creative outlet?
- Do I need to explore different career opportunities?
- Do I need to simplify?
- Do I need to have more fun?
- Do I need more play and laughter in my life?
- Do I need to move more?
- Do I need to get myself out of a rut by learning something new?
- Do I need to have an adventure?
Love in itself is a wide spectrum of feelings. Our society has accentuated the romanticizing of falling in love with someone but fails to emphasize how equally beautiful it is to fall in love with yourself. It can be a hard process when it comes to practice doing so but as they say, nothing is impossible and everything starts somewhere. You can start by just looking at the mirror and wishing yourself and happy good morning. It is important to love yourself cause at the end of the day you cannot always expect people to be around to console or to throw In some positive words here and there, most of the nights when you feel lonely and scared it is you that will be with you to get over it. By loving yourself you are showing people how to love you. And one day when it happens..when you do start loving yourself along with your flaws and everything else, you are going to wake up and you’re going to be in the right place. You’re in this right place where everything just feels right. Your heart is calm. Your soul is lit. Your thoughts are positive. Your vision is clear. And you remind yourself how lucky you are to not feel lonely, to not need anyone around you to lift you on bad days cause YOU have yourself and that is enough.